Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.

Friday, January 20, 2012

CNY is round the corner yet again. I really miss the togetherness of a family during this time. I guess my friends in leeds could be considered family :D Its a potluck night in cell tonight and I know there will be lots of good food. I am actually writing this post just as I am waiting for my flatmate to cook her dish.

I will always remember Chinese New year as a time to wear everything new. When I was younger, we were never allowed to wear anything new that we have bought till the very day of CNY itself. The night before, my mom would get me to fill ang baos with the those newly drawn out cash from the bank. Ahh I love the smell of them. She will then pass us 3 daughters our gold bracelets to wear. If I can remember, mine had a horse or a heart. Kinda wish I had it with me now. oh! and not to forget those crisp new pyjamas bought from the pasam malam. lol! Its nice to think about the good old days. Obviously, it gets more exciting the next day. Visitations, collecting ang baos, eating loads of snacks. But I will tell you what I dislike the most. It's having to greet EVERY SINGLE person with a chinese greeting haha. Well thats the hard work you have to get through to get your money. lol

Going back to the topic of snacks, please will someone give me bak kua! -_-'
or even better...YEE SANG!!!! -_-"

No comments: